creative energy is so nice

I brokeout the old paints and some illo board i had...
make a wash go to town, acrylic,gouache & water colors.
birthday presents...
feels nice...
been a while..





Yeah heres some music i got caught in the other day...STRANGELY MELLOW!!!
Barry White
Bad Mutha Fu...(shut yo mouf) yeah you cant help but think about just doin it when you hear the first like 3 notes of this song.

Taken Too Young by TTA Taken By Trees
Found this just listening to random improbable tunes. when first waking, drinking coffee tuning into the day, this song sort of grows in a sleepy sunrise.It gets all spiritual to me personally , something about kids singing. this one grew on me.and i bounce like a kangaro gazelle type creature eating seeds.

RadioHead bodysnatchers
I paid. found the live version free. paying to make DIY music the norm is nice.art.

Nicole atkins.
I'm liking the lady singers on this day.comforting.this womans voice is powerful.I mean its like butterscotch sweet but you can tell she can belt she transitions mellowly through this dreamy number-nice poppy hook.Man it be great to be her kid so she could sing you to sleep. I wanna hear moe of this. Man I wish I had some control over a Dallas radio. it sucks(Dallas radio) and we miss out on goodness like this one.

Dont believe a Word ~ Silver Screen

found this one too. Nice. I lie this sorta bosa nova typ calypso acousticie stuff.
I love Nouvelle Vague. This is nice like dat.

Camera Obscura
x3!!!!http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
Lets get out of the country is my favorite. I like this womans voice!!!
I heard this band back in 2003 or 04 and I havent found anything I dont like. Jangly indie stuff. If indie, at this moment means anything anymore.
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
Great Northern ~ Home
Wakeing up to this one with coffee, sleepy groove, nice comforting chorus and theme. dont tell my hard core friends I like this super polished pop stuff...well yeah its a guilty pleasure it aint so bad.

Masonic ~ Regret is all

This band is from Austin! If I said they were from Dallas would anyone move to it? um that had nothing to do with the tunage at hand

Sleepy solid wistful and sprinkled with vintage keyboard swells. Nice! I can picture the whole band as big eyed 70s paintings playing this sweet lush.

To Die In L.A. ~ West Indian Girl

um still drinking coffee...sun rises and im amazed by all the colors, elements and I'm on the earth breathing and this song stills my busy obsessive mind. Breathe, take it all in, and greatful for creation and being a people. This is a groovy group striking a nice kind hippy vibe..No matter how you react to the song its all good!

INFECTIOUS SONG OF THE MOMENT...hear the first pat and the rest is with you all the live long day...

Donovan ~ Hurdy Gurdy
Donovan gets bashed as being the British Bob Dylan, His singing is not the well crafted nasaley whine that Bobby has, Martin Scorsese hasnt made a documentary about him. but I believe this tune Legitimizes the dude. I could live on a desert island to this song as opposed to "The Times They Are A changin'"

Blue Wrath ~ I Monster

Speaking of American masters and greatness....


later...

Comments

Popular Posts