it aint about you

yeah

I don't regret a thing
cause it all taught me
exactly what i right now be
be it ugly, be it rot
whatever you say i am
I'm probably not
cause you don't know
I just walk around
With a Shaggy kind of strut
in a peaceful bliss
~I ain't sorry
It's what I got
people counting on me
for my time and recovery
I just let all that
dim witted energy
that tries to cling to me
thats old as dirt and reeks of history
slide off
slide off
that negativity trying to slow me down
hold my focus off whats
profound
I don't need to defend your resentment
not when your baggage threatens my contentment
Id rather lay on my back look at the clouds and see a bug crawl
maybe try to understand and look for something peaceful
than listen to your cries just to
get what you want
what you want
what you want
I'm free
I had to give up what I want
theres so much more
than
what I want
you can only get what ya give
its so hard to let love out
or let it in
when all I'm focused on is me
and what i want

I don't want
I don't want
I can try and try to help a brother or sister up
but if i keep getting dragged down like a chump
I gotta cut that tie you see
I can be selfish with serenity
cause then that negative whine
takes the attention I need
to have focused on some other
good
good
thing

Comments

Popular Posts